16 August 2026

Romeo and Juliet

 Yesterday evening we were treated to Romeo and Juliet, performed by the excellent British Touring Shakespeare Company.


The programmes were designed by some of the village school children.


It was held in the meadow behind the church


The sensory garden is the perfect setting. The team that look after the garden have done a stellar job in difficult dry weather conditions.


The weather was good, a lot of cloud with a nice breeze, if it had been held on Friday I would have been very uncomfortable with lots of sunshine and 34 deg.

270 people attended.

A beautiful setting, good weather and accomplished actors
made for another wonderful time.
I hope they do another one next year.

 Be safe and well∼ 
Polly x 

17 comments:

  1. Hi...I'm shug and I am visiting from over at Ivy's place. I enjoyed your post and what great entertainment... Sounds like a wonderful day..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shug, thank you for visiting, it's good to meet you. I'm glad you enjoyed my post.

      Delete
  2. Shakespeare in the open air on a summer evening sounds just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Add a picnic and a glass of something chilled and it was 😊

      Delete
  3. That's a great turnout! Looks like a fun time. Love the balcony blanket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was up on last year, word got around. It was a good balcony 😊

      Delete
  4. What a lovely occasion. I especially like how the children could participate too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Jeanie. I hope they do another next year.

      Delete
  5. I was just reading about your breakfast out and then went to comment and a different post is here. Looks like you're having a fun summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having a great time. I posted then decided to wait to include what we are doing later! 😊

      Delete
  6. How lovely an the open air production,, perfect in this weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Outdoor theater sounds like it was a lot of great entertainment, Polly.

    ReplyDelete