My Ozzie daughter has been away for a few days visiting friends, one in Sweden and one in Nottingham.
Bathing Belles
Chilling out at home. Lots of sun lotion and not staying out for long. I was sitting under the gazebo but despite the lovely sunshine the easterly breeze made me feel a bit chilly.
Jigsaw mania
The bowls club that my son-in-law plays for has a lovely clubhouse with books and jigsaws for sale. People donate them for others to buy, usually for just £1, and then donate back, and so on. I found this one.
It had an insert with it which was very helpful because I could refer to it whilst using both box and lid to sort through the pieces. It was also larger than the box lid, so better for my eyesight!

My son-in-law did some of it and when my daughter returned from Sweden she helped finish it. My eldest daugher isn't a fan of jigsaws. I like this one and will keep it.
I particularly liked the tiny mouse in the corner!
I was on a roll now so randomly picked another one from my stash.
I liked this, it reminded me of my childhood. We lived near the countryside and my mother used to go potato picking, backbreaking for the mums but we children loved it, playing around the farms (no health and safety then) roaming around the fields and waiting at fences alongside railway tracks for the lovely steam trains to pass.
The three of us all had a go and completed it in a day, that's a record! I didn't keep it, I gave it to the lovely little library in the nearby village, they always have a jigsaw on the go, and because this has large pieces I thought children might enjoy it.
Three years ago I won this jigsaw at a coffee morning. I started it but every aspect of it is very difficult - the dark outer areas, her hair and skin, the fairy wings and her dress. I gave up 😞 but now its back, but it's a struggle - only placing two pieces after half an hour I want to walk away from it. Hopefully with the three of us it will get done.
∼ Be safe and well∼
Polly x







No comments:
Post a Comment