14 August 2026

Jigsaw Mania

My Ozzie daughter has been away for a few days visiting friends, one in Sweden and one in Nottingham.

Bathing Belles


Chilling out at home. Lots of sun lotion and not staying out for long. I was sitting under the gazebo but despite the lovely sunshine the easterly breeze made me feel a bit chilly. 

Jigsaw mania

The bowls club that my son-in-law plays for has a lovely clubhouse with books and jigsaws for sale. People donate them for others to buy, usually for just £1, and then donate back, and so on. I found this one. 


It had an insert with it which was very helpful because I could refer to it whilst using both box and lid to sort through the pieces. It was also larger than the box lid, so better for my eyesight! 


My son-in-law did some of it and when my daughter returned from Sweden she helped finish it. My eldest daugher isn't a fan of jigsaws. I like this one and will keep it.


I particularly liked the tiny mouse in the corner!

I was on a roll now so randomly picked another one from my stash.


I think I bought this at a village fete.


I liked it, it reminded me of my childhood. We lived near the countryside and my mother used to go potato picking, backbreaking for the mums but we children loved it, playing around the farms (no health and safety then) roaming around the fields and waiting at fences alongside railway tracks for the lovely steam trains to pass.
The three of us all had a go and completed it in a day, that's a record! I didn't keep it, I gave it to the lovely little library in the nearby village, they always have a jigsaw on the go, and because it has large pieces I thought children might enjoy it.


Three years ago I won this jigsaw at a coffee morning raffle. I started it but every aspect of it is very difficult - the dark outer areas, her hair and skin, the fairy wings and her dress. I gave up 😞 but now its back, but it's a struggle - only placing two pieces after half an hour, I want to walk away from it. Hopefully with the three of us working on it it will get done this time. 

 ∼ Be safe and well∼ 
Polly x 

13 comments:

  1. I have no patience to do jigsaw puzzles, but I like looking at them when other people do them, LOL! I like the cozy living room scene. Thanks for pointing out that wee mouse -- I never would have spotted it otherwise. Yes, I can see why that last puzzle would be difficult, but it's a beautiful image, isn't it. But all that vast expanse of peaches-and-cream skin would be frustrating to piece together, yikes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely image, that's why I chose it when my number was picked. My daughter is working on it at the moment, she is rocking it!!

      Delete
  2. I enjoy jigsaw puzzles and have a couple waiting to be started. I like yours, especially the winter fireside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent puzzle. We have one to start soon. So relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are doing ok with this one at the moment, well I say "we" it's mostly daughter and son-in-law 🤣

      Delete
  4. I love a good puzzle! And I know what you mean about a frustrating one -- I've had more than my share. But both are really great looking puzzles! (It's easier with helpers!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Jeanie, at the moment my Ozzie daughter and son-in-law are doing most of it!

      Delete
  5. I like your puzzles. I find I start them and don't finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only given up with two (not counting this one which we've started again), one was a pretty Swiss lake and houses scene but half of it was dense forest, and the other was a huge cathedral. Both went to a charity shop.

      Delete
  6. For me, winter is the best time to try and work on a jigsaw puzzle and less than 1,000 pieces as there’s not enough room on the dining room table. Your puzzle solving went quickly with helpers, Polly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I prefer winter, the top one is called Winter Fireside. We started it because I had bought it at my son-in-laws bowling club, then we were on a roll! The pretty girl one is almost finished, thanks to my daughter and SIL!

      Delete