29 July 2023

A Nice Day Out

Except for the weather, it rained all day :-(

Another U3A bus pass outing, this time to Wivenhoe, a pretty town on the banks of the river Colne, with beautiful townhouses and old pubs. We took a bus from Chelmsford to Colchester, then from there to Wivenhoe.


I don't know about you dear reader, but there is only so much meandering
I can do when the weather is bad. It wasn't cold but the rain just
made it feel miserable.


So we didn't wander around as much as we would have had the weather
been dry and sunny.


I can see myself sitting in this lovely cabin on a hot day with a glass of Asti, looking out enjoying the view.



The very wet High Street


Interesting church spire



After lunch of fish'n'chips


we made our way back to the lovely old fashioned station for the
bus back to Colchester, and then home.

∼ Be safe and well ∼
Polly x

15 comments:

  1. Jeez, I wonder if Wivenhoe is where Sir Walter Scott got the idea for the name "Ivanhoe"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I'm typing on my new keyboard and I hit something and my comment went away. Not sure what I did or if this will show as two comments. Sorry it rained and got all soggy there. Did the same here which meant no priming and painting outside. Maybe tomorrow. Pretty pictures though that you took.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although the weather did not conform - Wivenhoe looks to be an interesting spot for a visit. However, I would much rather the weather that we have been having than that on the Continent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. It is a lovely spot, my friend M and I might return when we have a better weather forecast.

      Delete
  4. Not a fan of rain except indoors:). So much this summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about the rain.. that really does put a damper on things.. but your pictures are lovely nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I"m a fair-weather meanderer! Like you, I prefer less rain -- especially when I'm visiting someplace that looks charming like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not nice wandering around in rain!

      Delete
  7. Agreed, Polly, wandering around in the rain is not my idea of a good time. Still, you did get some nice images to remember the visit and a revisit in nicer weather when you can sit an enjoy that glass of Asti would be very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's our plan Beatrice, to do a return visit when the forecast is for sunny weather :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...