23 June 2019

Cambridge Take 2

In Feb 2018 my friend M and I had a lovely day in Cambridge. We wanted to visit Kings College but we ran out of time. No problem I thought we can always go again. So back in April this year M wasn't keen to go but my friend G was. The weather was glorious, we were all set for a good day - but ................................. Kings College was closed for filming, noooooooooo, my second trip and still I wasn't going to get to see Kings College, I was almost inconsolable. I had checked their website, but there was no mention about it being closed on that day. There was nothing we could do about it. And we had a lovely day, starting with the Botanic Garden. 

April saw the end of the Spring flowers but too soon for the summer ones.
Nevertheless it was all still very pretty.  

Courtesy of Befunky.com
Courtesy of Befunky.com
Flowers in the Glasshouses were putting on a beautiful display.

As were the trees

And the lake


Pembroke College

 Gifts For Interesting People ..... mmm amusing.

I think this was the Sedgwick museum, it was excellent

Emmanuel College



The Chapel, small but very pretty



Dining Hall

The grounds are very pretty
So that just leaves a third trip to plan and hopefully I will finally get to visit Kings College!

Be well ~
Polly x

16 comments:

  1. Wow, the landscape is just jaw dropping. The inside of the buildings are too bad, either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle, everywhere is so well looked after.

      Delete
  2. Such a shame you didn't get to Kings College but a great excuse to go to Oxford again. Third time lucky. You certainly packed a lot into the day, you took us on a wonderful tour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi mama, yes hopefully 3rd time lucky.

      Delete
  3. I seem to recognise that place! Glad you had a good day despite King's Chapel being closed. You can also get lucky and be there when the choir or the organist are practising. If you go during term time you can attend a service there at about 5:30 in the evening, I think the details are on their website.
    The museum is the Museum of Anthropology and Archaeology, the Sedgwick is the geology museum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John, thankfully it's a place I like visiting over and over again! Thank you for the info, I wasn't sure I had the right museum!

      Delete
  4. I visited few parts of UK back in 2016. Again I want to go there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Krishna, Cambridge is a lovely place to visit.

      Delete
  5. Cambridge is well worth a visit. But what a shame about Kings College still being inaccessible! As you say, there should have been a warning on the website. The last time I was there, with my mum, I went to Kettle's Yard, which had a great Bridget Riley exhibition. My mum was never keen on abstract art, so she sat patiently while I had a good look round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nick, that could be on the list for my next visit.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is busking with a difference!
    I would love to visit an Oxford or Cambridge College. So much history. I'm glad you had a good day and an excuse to go back again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz, he played brilliantly as well as balancing!

      Delete
  8. Such a lovely day out, Cambridge is a beautiful city. It must have been disappointing to find the college closed, but now you must go back :-)
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amalia, I was very disappointed. I hope to get back soon x

      Delete
  9. Hello, it is a lovely place. Beautiful tour and images. I am sorry you were not able to see Kings College, maybe next time. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day. Wishing you a happy new week ahead

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...