16 May 2019

Sandringham

Sandringham is the much-loved country retreat of Her Majesty The Queen, and has been the private home of four generations of British monarchs since 1862. The house, set in 24 hectares of stunning gardens, is perhaps the most famous stately home in Norfolk and is at the heart of the 8,000-hectare Sandringham Estate, 240 hectares of which make up the woodland and heath of the Country Park.

The weather was mixed on the day of our visit last August,
no rain, some moments of sunshine, but mostly gloomy

Dining Room
I think photography wasn't allowed because I took these photos from displays.
They were all dated from a few years ago, but I suspect the furnishings are still as beautiful and sumptuous.

 Drawing Room

Small Drawing Room

Saloon

I wonder if Charles, Anne, Andrew and Edward drove these around the grounds?


                                     The grown up cars were very impressive
Comfortable cruising
Weekend Shooting Brake                                                 Town Run Around

There were some lovely items in the museum

The gardens are very pretty

 with some interesting sculptures


The church that Her Majesty uses when she's at Sandringham

~Keep warm and well ~
Polly x

10 comments:

  1. How wonderful, I would love to visit Sandringham myself. I would love to have been driven around in the town runaround car too come to think of it!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite having been birdwatching in the area I've never been to the house itself. Those cars are in immaculate condition - whoever may have driven them it clearly wasn't Prince Phillip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he might have driven it when he was younger!

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful tour you took us on, a sight for sore eyes, stunning. Loved seeing the cars both for the children and the not so young. So very grand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good description for it mama, it is grand.

      Delete
  4. Does the Queen use those apartments when she stays there? They look beautiful but not very cosy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are kept that way for the visitors. I Suspect the royals have their own personalised apartments.

      Delete
  5. Even with all the gold and elegance, these look a little more comfortable than some of the palaces. Maybe not cozy but at least the furniture looks a bit softer. I would love to this place in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the plush elegance, but you're right Jeanie, I like cosy to relax in :-) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...