27 March 2017

Mother's Day, Teeth and Gifts

I had a good mother's day with some lovely presents - smellies and a lovely pretty keyring from my daughter, and a gorgeous soft teddy bear with "Best Gran Ever" bracelet round his arm from my darling grandson.
My daughter took me to lunch a couple of days beforehand because she had forgotten to book anywhere, so last Thursday we went to one of my favourite lunch venues. My grandson had had a pupil assessment meeting that morning, he had glowing reports from his teachers so it was a combined early Mother's day and "Well Done Mr Teen" lunch.  

Most of yesterday was spent sitting in the garden with family enjoying lovely warm weather. I can't sit for long though before thinking, "that needs pruning", or "that bit needs tidying" so up I get up and reach for the secateurs. I'm my own worst enemy!

I've been eating way too many hot cross buns, I love them.

On the same day as our lunch I had a check up at the dentist while my daughter was at school with my grandson. My dentist was pleased but made, in her words, "one minor observation" two molar teeth, one at each side of my mouth, or to be more precise, the gums around the molar teeth, are slightly inflamed, due to me not cleaning thoroughly up to the gum area. Both are crowned and I'm not getting into the tiny gap between the crown and gum. So following instructions I have been more diligent, actually ruthless to the extent whereby they are hurting ever so slightly, but my dentist did say not to worry if they bleed a bit, it will take a few days for the inflammation to subside, mmm sounds like a line from a comedy film!

A parcel of goodies is on its way to my daughter and her partner in Australia. Some Easter eggs, Lindt bunnies, a huge bar of Cadbury's milk chocolate, star mix, soft drumsticks and some marshmallows. I think they are all available over there now but are quite expensive, so I send a few each year, I enjoy sending them, and my daughter loves receiving them.

Today's weather is warm and sunny so I am going to sit in the garden. I wonder how long I can last before spotting something that needs tidying or pruning! :-)

12 comments:

  1. Hope you don't have any problem with your teeth.. take good care of the teeth.. I had seven fillings, which is not good at all.. big hug..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Krishna, my teeth are not good, I have lots of fillings too, my generation weren't taught how to take care of our teeth x

      Delete
  2. Hello Polly,
    It sounds like you had a lovely mother's day. I hope your teeth stop hurting soon.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Giac, it's good to hear from you. One tooth has calmed down now and the other one is improving x

      Delete
  3. Only pruning I do is in the ocean. I got a water pick on my dentist advice a year ago...excellent investment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh I've just looked that up on google, it looks good, think I will get one. Many thanks joeh.

      Delete
  4. We have had some lovely weather haven't we? It's a shame it hasn't been a little more consistent but maybe that is on it's way. I'm glad you had a lovely Mothers Day. Miss Mac took me out for lunch on Monday as she also had forgotten to book somewhere but it didn't matter, we had such a nice time anyway. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the lateness Sarah. Lunch with daughters is always nice :-) Hope you're enjoying the glorious weather x

      Delete
  5. Hello Polly,

    Bedankt voor je lieve reactie op mijn blogpost, en nu kom
    ik even bij jou op het blog kijken. Lees dat je verwend bent met
    moederdag dat is altijd genieten.

    Vervelend dat je bezoekje aan de tandarts een probleem ontdekte,
    heb zelf ook de nodige kronen en het tandvleesprobleem is ook
    voor mij heel herkenbaar. Gelukkig kan het met de juiste behandeling
    weer helemaal goed komen.

    Wens je een fijne week verder,

    Lieve groetjes,
    Josephine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your visit Josephine. My gums are much better now :-)

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a lovely mother's day Polly and, I'm sure, very well deserved :-)
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...