13 September 2026

Bonjour Mes Amis



On Friday we held a French themed evening in the village church. 


Myself and lovely friends planned it, set it up, dressed tables, served food and entertained our guests who entered into the spirit of the theme and dressed in all things French, including a Marcel Marceau.


The Brownies made the pretty table decorations. 

Platters of assorted meats, accompaniments and French bread were served, red and white wine were on each table and a bar was available for other drinks


including a delicious mocktail

There were quizzes including French picture bingo, oui or non, téte or derrière, we had singing and roll a euro towards a bottle of brandy, the closest won the brandy. That was very popular.


The evening ended with the raffle.
I was hoping to win the meal for two at our village pub.
Everyone had a great time.

The proceeds will be donated between the village Pre-School and the Brownies.

🇫🇷 Be safe and well 🇫🇷 
Polly x 

12 comments:

  1. This looks like such a fun idea for a fundraiser!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Michelle, arranging it and on the night 😊

      Delete
  2. Ooh la la, quel événement merveilleux! I would have loved to attend! My costume would be Madame Defarge, one of the old ladies who sat and knitted at the foot of the guillotine while it was busy dispatching the French aristocracy during the French Revolution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh she sounds really interesting, with a ringside seat!

      Delete
  3. P.S. I'm home from my recent travels and back to daily blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea for a fundraiser. Lovely photos. Oui, je suis parfaitement bilingue.
    My mother tongue is English, and I am fluent in French.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had continued with French, I learnt it at school but when I stopped using it I lost it!!

      Delete
  5. So much fun! I love all the details and how brilliant that you all dressed up.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good to see so many guests dressed up x

      Delete
  6. This is fantastic! The Brownies did a great job, but sorry you didn't win the pub dinner!

    ReplyDelete