6 September 2026

Weekend

My weekend has been very quiet but productive. I did a bit of tidying in the garden yesterday morning, then, after a sit down I planned to mow the lawn, however as I approached the back door this is what I saw  



two wood pigeons


preening, resting and gleaning

I took the photos from indoors because they would have flown away if I had opened the door. I didn't have the heart to disturb them, they looked so content! so I decided to put lawn mowing on hold and start some quilting. I haven't done any for ages and really enjoyed it.

   
They were there for about 2 hours then eventually they wandered off but by that time I was well into the quilting and didn't want to stop. I mowed the lawn this morning.


That gnome is my favourite, it's a man and his dog,
my daughter bought it for me.


This afternoon was the last of the summer cream teas on the church lawn, and once again it was well attended and the cakes were delicious. 

   
I had the toffee fudge on the left, it was scrumptious. The lady that baked it makes excellent cakes. I was late taking photos, too busy talking and eating cake!! 

Lovely countryside from a recent walk


I hope you've had a good weekend dear reader

Be safe and well∼ 
Polly x 

No comments:

Post a Comment