26 January 2015

Oh I Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside

We had a lovely day at the seaside yesterday, yes I did say seaside - in January, and me a confirmed summerholic (I think that's a made up word!). Dogs are allowed on part of the beach between Oct and April so I wrapped up warmly, we took ourselves off to Southend-on-Sea and had a great time. Southend used to be a bit a bit of a grim place and there are still a few run down areas, but after an injection of money in 2012 when an Olympic event was staged there the town was greatly improved. Probably its most well known landmark is the pier, it's the world's longest pleasure pier at 1.34 miles.


The dogs had a great time, lots of new experiences, in and out of the water


 and of course sniffing other dogs!


Buster doesn't mind water but he won't go out of his depth and swim.


Rufus is more fearless, I think he would swim. He didn't yesterday though
as it was very shallow, even when the tide was in.

Later when we stopped for chips and coffee Rufus started to shiver a little, I'm a bit silly with the dogs and was concerned for him so my son-in-law put his coat over him, doesn't he look cute? That's not really the look for a fearless Lurcher though!! He soon dried off, stopped shivering and was fine.


Don't these pretty boats add a bit of cheer to dull weather.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, Southend, one of my favourite haunts when I was younger! I used to love walking past the ship and the poor man that was laying down, day in and day out, having a blade swing from side to side! Is he still there?? We are coming down for a coach trip in April to see the place again and hopefully go on the train down to the end of the pier. Happy days!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t know if he is, we didn’t go to adventure island as we didn’t think it would be open so we didn’t take much money!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, dear Polly! What sweet pictures! The one of your cutie pie in the jacket made me smile :)

    I wanted to thank you for the lovely comment on my blog. It's a joy to "meet" you and I look forward to visiting again. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Stephanie, it's so good to hear from you, thank you for your reply. Glad you like the pictures x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...